Our Home Base program is a weekly home visit where experienced staff works with each family in identifying goals for both the child and the family as a whole. Individual plans for socializations, Individual learning experiences, health and other issues are developed in partnering between staff, parents or guardians. Some of the topics you will experience in our Home Base program are:
- Age appropriate educational play experiences
- Nutritional Information
- Sharing information about program or community resources
- Monthly socializations where you and your child can interact with other children and families
- Discussion on any needed support for you and your family
Together, the Home Based Visitor and families will become partners in helping their child grow and learn.
Home Base Pregnant Women Services
The Home Based program is also set up to meet the needs of expectant mothers. We are here to support your family during this special time. Our Early Head Start program offers a Home Based option where services can begin before birth with a focus on:
- Prenatal support to ensure the health of the mother and her baby.
- Helping prepare parents, siblings and other family members for the birth of the baby.
- Sharing information about programs or community resources
- Breastfeeding tips
- Bonding with your baby before birth
- Handling stress
- Developing the bond between child and family that ensures happy and healthy development
*Services to Pregnant Teens*
We realize that teen pregnancies may come with additional challenges. Our staff are trained to meet and support those individual needs.